Monday, September 29, 2008

September 29th

Today I got to give two lectures to th e class right off the bat. The first lecture was about the idea of putting your name on things that are handed in. I had about 12 Hatchet posters without names on them, which made it hard for me to correct them this weekend.

The second lecture was about being lazy with work. I corrected all of the Hatchet packets and was disappointed in some of the grades. I did have students who followed my directions of putting part of the question in their answer right away and never needed reminding. I then had students who made mistakes, but then took my advice about going back and fixing their mistakes to get points back. The largest group was the students who made mistakes, but never took my advice, and didn't fix them. Their grades were not the best. I kept these packets so I casn show parents at conferences. If you would like to know how your child did, please call or email! I told them that the LAZINESS must not continue!

Today we met our kindergarten pals for the first time. My students found out that sometimes kindergarteners can be unpredictable, hard to understand, prone to laughing, and very cute. I think that the 5th graders will learn a lot while working with these children!

Homework:

Other:

Please send a three subject notebook with your child if you haven't purchased one yet. I still have 13 students without one.

Wednesday is "Brewer Day" so students can wear Brewer apparel or the colors blue, white, and yellow.

No comments: