Friday, September 26, 2008

September 26th-New Bathroom Pass Policy

I need to post about my new bathroom pass policy. Usually, it works pretty well for me to have a dry erase board by my door and one child can go to the bathroom etc at a time. It has never been a problem for me. This year, however, it seems like so many children are leaving my class at all times, even when I am teaching and explaning things that I had to do something!

I know in the middle school in their agendas is a page that they get signed to use the bathroom etc. When that page is full, they can't take breaks anymore. I have decided to staple in a similar chart in my agendas. I will test it out and see if it works better. Before your child goes to the hallway, I need to sign their sheet. If they run out of spaces in a month, then I will give initials if they have to go in the hallway.

Please remind your child that bathroom breaks shoould be taken at recess and lunch times. If they feel ill, I will not hold that against them. If they have some sort of medical condition, please let me know!!!

No comments: