Monday, November 24, 2008

November 24th

Today we made some gingerbread people as a class for next week's Deck the Halls at BDM. Tomorrow and Wed. my class will be rotating to the other 5th grade classrooms to make two other crafts. We also had a lockdown drill in the afternoon so we know what to do if we ever have an intruder.

Homework:

Lang. Arts: finish "I Wonder" packet. Some students are in the process of typing them-I will give them more time tomorrow.

Finish a letter to a soldier. I will be sending them to a soldier I know in Iraq. I am hoping they can be paired with a soldier to have as a pen pal. They were supposed to introduce themselves in this letter and ask questions that a solider could answer.

Social Studies: Map Packet pages 277, 281, 282 We worked on them in class today, but some students have to finish.

Other: PJ/sleeping bag day on Wed.
Bring handheld video games on Wed. if you get permission from parents.
Snowpants/Boots

An announcement was made last week by Mr. Gillespie that when snow covers the ground students would need snow pants, boots, hats, mittens to play at recess. Some student today claimed that "I didn't look outside this morning." Anyway, please make sure your child has these items to wear to school when snow covers the ground. If you can't afford these items, please let Mrs. Hess know-she usually has funds for this

No comments: