Thursday, September 15, 2011

9-15-11

Both of our copy machines have been broken all week. Because of this, I am unable to send home a Thursday Fridge Note (Newsletter) this week. As soon as I have entered all of the email addresses that you gave me I will be able to send them electronically!

I have been talking to the class about being able to work for an extended amount of time wihtout getting off task. In 5th grade, students should be able to read silently for 30 sustained minutes without having to talk or get up. Some days they are reading a sustained time while other groups are meeting, so using body basics is important!

Mr. Larson went over some changes to our lunchroom routines with each class this week. My class had a great start using them yesterday. Thanks for the effort to follow the Eagle Way! We are almost done with our classroom expectations matrix. When we are, I will send a copy home with each student.

Homework:

Math: Homework and remembering 1.8. Please check your child's Math packet. Any ones that we didn't do, we crossed out. If there is a page that isn't crossed out, but incomplete, they should be finishing those pages as well.

Science: our mnemonic device for classification systems is tomorrow. Please study your mnemonic device from your Science notebook again tonight.

Other: 1,000 Island field trip slip, lunch to go slip, and $4 due tomorrow. Please let me know if you cannot afford this trip.

No comments: