Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 19th

Happy Birthday to Rachel and Luke! We also had Alyssa's birthday on Tuesday. TOday I passed out questions on a test that people have to take if they want to become a US citizen. I am challenging my students to go over these questions to see how much they know about the United States-seeing that they are already citizens! For fun I will be giving the test next Thursday. Until then, they can take home the packets to study. They have the answers on them so you can help them out. See if you know the answers as well! It is not as easy as you might think!!!


I also entered the Math grades online for Unit 5-the only problem is that I entered them in the "writing" slot. Since I spent so much time entering the scores, I am not going to change where they are. So, please check the writing slot for Math scores.

Homework:

Spelling: Study

ILA: Show descriptive paragraph rough draft to a parent. Please have your parent help to add more descriptive words to the paragraph. Also make sure you have made one comparison in your paragraph. Edit any mistakes. We will be writing the final draft tomorrow. Please have your parent sign the page.

Reading: 20 minutes for Fang
Write one descriptive word for each page in chapter 2-most kids did in class. I will be collecting chap.1 and 2 tomorrow.

Math: Study pg 173-Mathboxes- for the quiz tomorrow.

Spanish: Practice speech for Tuesday.

Other:
T-shirt design due tomorrow.
Last day to bring in canned goods.
Popcorn $.

No comments: